Apple Fashion {sense}

It's funny... My sister called. I got text messages and FB posts about it. I got the news yesterday about Steve Jobs' death and yes, I'm sad. It's made me think about life and death and the appreciation of what we have today might not be here tomorrow. It also made me chuckle about how my friends associate me with Apple and Steve Jobs. I admit I've been a self-proclaimed Apple PR girl for years. I've had 2 Macs, 3 iPhones, 1 iPad, and 1 iPod. I'm pretty loyal to this brand. The simple elegance of Apple products first drew me there when my PC succumbed to the "blue screen of death"... Luckily I've never been "sad Mac'd".  


How does fashion fit into this? Well, we all love to accessorize our fabulous Apple electronics! Here's a few that I like:










What Steve Jobs did at Apple and for Apple were amazing. But his death is not about me or what I will miss. I was not his personal friend. Very few us us were. It affects us emotionally because these Apple products were a very big part of our lives whether we own any of them or not. He was a very public figure and an icon of the company he started in his parents garage; so of course we feel like we know him. I came across his 2005 Stanford commencement speech when I lived in KY that year. I didn't own a Mac or anything Apple at the time. I knew only one person who owned a Mac! Now, just 6 years later, we mourn the passing of his death and millions of people around the world clamor for the products he helped create. 


"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith... You've got to find what you love... Don't settle." 


RIP Steve Jobs 1955-2011




Comments

Popular Posts