Summertime



It's been a while and now it's my favorite time of year... Summertime! This means shorts, tanks,  flip flops, short dresses and swimsuits... Don't be shy ladies, feel free to show off some skin! For some reason I've been on the "summer whites" kick. I think it looks amazing when paired against sun-kissed skin. So here lately I've been buying lots of white- new tanks & tees (I get new ones annually so they always look super fresh), an eyelet lace sundress, and of course linen. Love linen in the summer and it's ok if it's slightly wrinkled. That's part of the charm. ;)

I've also invented a new look for myself which I like to call the "urban Hampton's" look. It's a mix of the uber-preppy madras plaid shorts, Polo's with the popped collar, and elbow sleeve cardigans; then I pair those with completely opposite rather "urban" pieces. Usually a bright- colored wide bandanna, loads of black & silver chain necklaces, or biker boots. Ok. I don't own biker boots, but I would LOVE a pair. Anyone? Hello? Sigh...

urban prep
So earlier this week I went shopping. Got me some snazzy deals and super cute things! I love a poofy skirt; only this wasn't a skirt after all! Turns out to be shorts- silvery, very short and very cute. I paired this with a dark gray, square neck tee and sky high snake print heels. I also got a khaki linen button down skirt and white linen ruffle neck blouse. I can't wait to wear these!

Lately I've been wearing a lot of dresses- it's so much easier to pick out one item to get dressed than two. Don't you agree? Sun dresses fill my closet (well on one side) and one of my favorites is red & navy gingham. I kick it up with cowboy boot, a blingy Rodeo belt, and denim jacket. Oh so cute!


So there you have it. A quick run down of some of my latest looks. Let's see what I'll wear tomorrow... Stay tuned! :)

Comments

Popular Posts