The Forever Dress

I found the best "wear any day, year round" dress the other day while shopping for school clothes for my boys. It was a classic style, which I love, since you can always mix it up in any number of ways with accessories and trendy pieces.

This dress was a Ralph Lauren dark denim, button front shirt-dress. It had a mandarin collar and 3/4 sleeves. I love 3/4 sleeves for two reasons- I'm short and this sleeve length is easier for me to wear than long sleeves. Also, this sleeve length is more versatile I think. You can wear it all year- roll up the sleeves on a hot summer day, layer a long sleeve tee under it in the winter, or wear as is during the cool spring and fall days. This is my forever dress.



The details on this dress are classic and timeless as well. The snap buttons are brass and leather; and the shirt pocket detailing has zippers for a little flair. Since I have, um, a smaller chest... pocket details kind of enhance this area a bit.



So I wore the dress today with simple accessories. A multi-colored beaded necklace, gold hoops and a beaded cuff bracelet. I wore tan, round toe heels with a side button detail. I'll have to think about how I'll wear it the next time.

Comments

Popular Posts