My Fashion Philosophy

I didn't want to write to you today about what I wore, so much as I'd rather tell you what I like and how I get inspired to put something together. I ran across this quote from Coco Chanel recently and it absolutely captures how I feel about fashion. "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." --Coco Chanel


I take my inspiration for new ideas in everything I see, read, smell, touch... Fashion is an all- sensory experience for me. Flipping through a magazine last night- I'm not even sure that it was a fashion related magazine- but I took notice of someone done up in very glittery silver eye shadow. Now, that's not something I'd pull off for a Monday at the office, but I got inspired to wear something sparkly. I love sparkle. To dress up my jeans and white button-down shirt, I wore a very bold silver beaded necklace. 


Now of course the seasons have much to do with what inspires me from day to day. In the summer, I'm more inclined to dress very casual- sun dresses, sandals, tank tops... In the fall or winter, I take inspiration from the cooler weather (somewhat here in Central Texas) and changing colors of nature. I layer tops and cardigans, and even continue to wear my super cute peep-toe heels. How you ask? Well, with socks of course! I love to have a bright color peek out. Looks super fun and allows you to wear those shoes almost year-round. 


So all in all, I look around, listen to what I feel and try to put pieces together from my closet in ways that I've never worn them before. Layering tees over a long sleeve button down, or a contrasting yellow tank peeking out from under a fuchsia top. Be bold and dare to wear what's in your closet. 


My necklace from today





Comments

Popular Posts