Summer Linen


Since it's summer, I love to wear linen. Yes it wrinkles, but that's part of the charm. You shouldn't use that as an excuse to be wrinkled, so start out with freshly pressed linen. Let it work with you throughout the day.

I wore a super cute box-pleated, navy blue, linen knee-length skirt. The details- it's all about the details though. This skirt has gold buttons at the waist and a red/ navy ribbon belt. The top was a collarless, cap sleeve white linen blouse with tuxedo pleating down the front and a ruffle.  Since the ruffle at the collar added so much detail, I did not add a necklace and only wore small gold hoop earrings.

Shoes? I'm glad you asked. Red patent leather heels with a buckle detail- not candy apple red though. A dark, metallic muted red. Very cool. I love these shoes. Rarely will I pair them with red since I don't like the whole "matchy-matchy" thing, but this worked. I like to wear these shoes with lilac or yellow or ivory.

So there you have it. Someone said I looked like a school girl; someone said I looked like a secretary. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts