What's Your Dream?

Remember that line from Pretty Woman? My dream is clothes. I want to dress people, to make them look their very best. I live clothes, I breathe clothes, I love and live clothes. The only thing I can't do is sew and I'm working on that part.

I'm so excited about the chill in the air. Okay it's not really a chill. It's central Texas and it's about 73 degrees in the morning. That's about as close to a fall chill as we're getting right now. Work with me people! I'm also so excited to flip through my fall issues of Lucky, Glamour, and W magazines. Swoon. There seems to be so much more you can do with cool weather clothes- there's more to wear, so there's more to layer, so there's more to experiment with. Catch my drift? Now I'm a sucker for flip flops, tanks and shorts. I live in them in the summer, but the rich colors, textures and looks for fall have me so excited to try something new.

I was surprised by one thing in my Lucky mag today- Varsity jackets! Really! Right there on page 128- go out and check. I think I might wear mine one day. Of course the one in the article is from Urban Outfitters and is a slimmer updated shape, so we'll see what I do with mine. Yes, I still have mine. Hmm...

As a kid, I wasn't a huge fan of Barbie growing up but now I can appreciate her allure. I mean her clothes and accessories are to die for! A few weeks ago I went through my closet and put together my fall looks- my "barbie" looks. Becky Barbie so to speak. I put together a Biker Chick Barbie, Back to School Barbie, Classic Jeans and a White Button Down Barbie, Cardy Barbie, Cowgirl Barbie... You get the idea right? Well I hope so and keep an eye out  for these "barbie" looks in the near future! I'll be sure to post pics of course.

Now the easiest thing to do to turn a summer dress, top, or skirt into a fall/ winter one is by adding tights and a cardigan. I think by now y'all know I love cardys. I have them in all sorts of colors, lengths and sleeve styles. So versatile and really can be worn year round, especially with office temps kept near sub-zero. Layer one over a classic white button down top, add trouser cut jeans, some cute Mary Jane heels, then throw on some long beaded necklaces (more than one please) and you've got a really cute fall look.

Or for my Back to School Barbie look- box pleat navy blue skirt with a white ruffle collar blouse (don't you just love the word blouse?) and metallic red heels- add some navy tights when it gets too cold. Obviously this is an updated big girl back to school look.

The Cowgirl Barbie isn't quite what you may think. Remember the Ralph Lauren dress I snagged for a super deal? Well, I can pair that with most anything and I'm gonna pair that with boots and my blingy "rodeo" belt. Giddy up!

So there you have it. Im excited by the "chill" in the air, football and the seemingly endless possibility of clothing combinations in my closet. Now, go in your closest and play dress up girls! :)

Comments

Popular Posts