Make Up

Ok... I'm not a make up artist, guru, or expert... But let me tell you a few things that I've come to learn over the years.

Primer is a wonderful thing. Not just for walls you see... Foundation primer, eyeshadow base & best of all lash primer. I LOVE these things.

I wear loose mineral powder foundation and my skin is relatively dry. By wearing primer, the powder has something to "stick" to plus is totally smooths out your skin. Try it! Really.

Eyeshadow base. You're probably looking at the screen sideways and wondering. Huh? Yes. Eyeshadow base. Smooth it on your eyelids and your shadow really pops for their true colors. It also makes it last much much longer.

I love love love lash primer. I've been told by many make up artists that I have lots o' lashes, just not very long ones. :/ Well... with a good eyelash curler, (I swear by Shu Uemura eyelash curler) lash primer, and loads of black mascara, my lashes miraculously grow!

So those are three must haves for my make up regimen each morning. I didn't give you any specifics on brands because I've tried them all. From discount store brands to high end department store brands. They all seem to be about the same. I'm sure if I really studied how they affect my kin and lashes I might find some nuance that makes me prefer one over the other, but so far so good. And I know. You're probably saying to yourself, "Self? This girl must take hours to get ready in the morning!" Nope. I've got it down pat to about 30 minutes including picking my outfit and fixing my hair. I'm a whiz! It doesn't take that long with practice and patience. Try it! You'll look fabulous and feel fabulous. :)

Comments

Popular Posts