What's in Your Closet??

According to a recent post on InStyle, there are 10 things every woman should have in her closet. Classic basics that you build your wardrobe around. I agree, you should have a base wardrobe and add funky, trendy, or more classic pieces to build your look. Makes things a lot easier in the morning I tell ya!

The list according to InStyle, and my take on it...

1. A black blazer- ABSOLUTELY!! Personally I don't have one, but I have a denim blazer (to dress up khakis), a seersucker blazer (for dressing up a spring time tee), and my favorite- a black mini trench. It's a basic black jacket... with my twist on it.

BR Lightweight Wool Blazer


2. Leopard print scarf- eh, maybe. Leopard something will do. I do have one, but I rarely wear it. I do have many, many scarves and wraps. I love them to add color to an outfit. They also keep me warm at the office and looks better than the oversize sweater or jacket that seems to be hanging on every girls chair. :/

NY & Co Leopard Print Scarf


3. Red flats- Any flat in any color other than black will do in my opinion. I have silver ballet flats that I wear all the time- with skinny jeans, a short dress, even paired with a skirt and tights in the cooler months.

Piperlime Sequin Flat


4. Striped shirt- yes. I wish I had one. All. The. Time. It's so classic with jeans and those red flats... Or khakis, cargos, you name it. A striped shirt goes with everything.

Gap Striped Cowl Neck T


5. Statement Necklace- YES YES YES!! I have tons of statement necklaces. All for different outfits or different looks. I suggest you start with one. A bold chunky pearl necklace or silver chain. Looks fabulous with a white button down, grey slacks, the leopard scarf, and those flats!

NY & Co
Faux Pearl and Bead Cluster Necklace
6. Little Black Dress- LBD... YES! I have two or three and a little black strapless romper. (Super cute that one is!) You should have at least one. If you're not sure which style to go with for your first one- get a simple, knee-length sheath. Classic look paired with the statement necklace or the black blazer for work!

BR Black Sheath
w/ Bow Detail


7. Black Opaque Tights- of course! I also have navy, brown, black pattern, and gray. The tights will stretch your dresses and skirts into the cooler months. Voilà! You have successfully extended your summer wardrobe.

Gap Heavy Opaque Tights

8. Oversize Watch- maybe. Most people I know don't wear a watch. Why? I think it's because out phones are semi-attached to the end of our arms and most tell time. If not a bold watch, then wear a bold bracelet. Similar to the statement necklace. Never worn together. Really that's just too much.

NY & Co Mod Cuff Watch


9. Classic Trench- Yes! I have a khaki colored one and I love it. It goes with everything! Get yourself a black or khaki, maybe even red if you're so inclined. A solid color for sure to keep it as you neutral base. Then accessorize with various scarves!

NY & Co Wool Trench


10. Flared Jeans- Absolutely! This cut is the most flattering for most shapes and sizes ladies. Whether you are short or tall, thin or not... this cut looks amazing! My favorite?? Gap 1969 Long & Lean.

Gap 1969 Long & Lean jeans


So there you have it. If you have these items in your closet, then you can almost always find something to wear. It's that simple!

InStyle article: http://ht.ly/2ZRsU

Comments

Popular Posts