Swimwear

Swimsuits. Bathing suits. Humiliation. Torture. Whatever you want to call it. Summer is upon us here in Central Texas and that means lazy afternoons by the pool, weekends at SeaWorld and jet-skiing at the lake! It also means the dreaded swimsuit. Don't dread it! Embrace it! You are who you are so wear it with pride.

I've lost a significant amount of weight over the last two years, and I still have some to lose. I'm proud of my accomplishment, and just last week I purchased (and wore in public!) my very first two-piece swimsuit. Yes, I panicked. A little- okay a lot. But what the hell. There's lots of people out there that look better than me, and lots of people that, frankly, look worse. I've worked hard and I wanted it. :)

Now ladies. If you're going to take the time to put on a swimsuit and sunscreen and get in the water... for crying out loud, DO NOT put on shorts and t-shirt over it! That defeats the entire purpose of cooling off in the pool and sunbathing next to it. Inevitably you- a) get a funky tan line, or b) get all hot and sweaty from wearing wet shorts and t-shirt over Lycra, or c) even worse- chafe. Ugh. Get over it. Really. In all reality, nobody is looking at you all that closely because they're too busy looking at themselves or their kids chasing each other around the wave pool at SeaWorld!

So, go put on the suit, throw on a cute cover up and some flip-flops. (Don't forget to paint the toenails!) And splash around- after you take off said cover up when you get to the pool.

Comments

Popular Posts