Run Run Run

The Bling
Yesterday I ran my second 1/2 marathon- meaning I ran the Rock n Roll San Antonio Marathon & 1/2 for the second time. Most people think all you need to run is a pair of running shoes. Nope. Not this girl. I gotta match! (You will rarely see me use the word "match", in this case it's an exception.)

There are some incredibly technical running gear that the best of the best swear by. Proper fit shoes, compression socks, pants, shorts... Moisture wicking fabrics of all sorts of derivations... Sports bras of every shape, design, fit, and fabric you can imagine! It's enough to make your head spin! I just run and find cute outfits to keep me motivated- hey whatever it takes right?? Shoes and a god sports bra are a must for me otherwise!

So back to my 1/2 marathon story. I was graciously asked by my friend GL a few months ago if I would honor his wife by wearing a shirt of his design in her memory. I jumped at the chance! How very special to wear something and running to commemorate someones life? The shirts were going to be purple- I love purple! Now what to wear with it?? Not the basic black pants that's for sure! I decided on hot pink. Why? Well my friend KG passed away a couple weeks ago and her favorite color was pink- turns out I love pink too! I went to a sports store in town before the race to buy some hot pink shorts. I have always run in shorts or in colder weather, running pants. This time I was convinced to buy running skirt. I was assured it was the most comfortable thing to wear when running. Let me tell you...I was not disappointed! It was so super cute and so super comfy! I need more of these- if only I could wear it to work. Really.

So here I am before and after the race...

Running Skirts skirt, Run Girl Run arm warmers

At the med tent Rock n Roll wrapped 

At home after the race

Comments

Popular Posts