Accessories

So I love to pile on accessories. All the time. Even when just going to do laundry. It's a curse or a gift. However you want to look at it. These are a few of my favorite must-have accessories:

1. Scarf- I wear one almost year round. It gets cold in the office and a scarf is much more stylish than the faded, stretched out cardigan hanging on the back of so-and-so's chair. A colorful scarf looks great as a necklace alternative- although I'm not opposed to wearing them together.

*Layered over a simple tee

2. Bracelets- bold, big, chunky. Worn only on one arm- kind of an off-balance thing, otherwise it looks to matchy-matchy. If you must wear something on both arms, then wear a smaller one on one side.

*Metal cuff bracelets 

3. Denim Jacket- I wear a regular denim jacket (my favorite one is an oversized Gap denim) with just about anything. I especially love to pair one with something frilly like a black satin, poufy skirt or tweed slacks and silk turtleneck sweater.

Gap Denim Jacket

4. Necklaces- Bold, sparkly, and lots of them. I like to layer ling and short chains, and pair them for an opposite effect (preppy goth, simple rocker, etc.) A pic might help visualize that one.

Preppy goth look- my own look
5. Tights- I love tights of all colors and textures. You can transform a look from summer to fall and beyond with tights.

Grey lace tights, royal blue skirt, pewter Mary Janes
- my own look
So there you have it. Some of my favorite accessories for the fall, some even year round! Look fabulous...

*Where to find...

Scarf: http://www.iheartluxe.com/luxe-feature/1409
Bracelets: http://blog.thefind.com/tag/cuff/ and http://www.thefind.com/qq-kara-ross#page=2

Comments

Popular Posts