Jeans and Tees- Variations on a Theme

So I basically wear jeans and tees, but it's not what you think. There are several variations on this theme. My jeans are usually Gap- 1969. They fit well and come in all sorts of washes and cuts and I just love them! As for the tees? Well...Where to start? I'm not talking about your run of the mill Hanes Beefy-T here folks. I'm talking about everything from elbow sleeve black tee to hot pink cap sleeve and of course, my ever favorite, tank tops.

I like the juxtaposition of fashion opposites- hard & soft, preppy & goth, rock & lace... you get the idea right? And then there's accessories, but that's a whole other topic for a whole other day. So I mix it up and you never know what I'm going to do. I never know what I'm going to do until I get up in the morning and feel inspired. Yes. I said inspired. Clothes are inspiring to me. Aren't they to you? Well if not, they should.

What's my inspiration you ask? It could be my inner "Carrie Bradshaw" but that's only for when I have to dig deep. It could be a song, a movie, the weather- in a good way, or I'll just stand in my closet and keep turning and looking at pieces until something falls into place. This rarely takes more than 5-15 minutes. Practice, practice, practice... I know the colors that I like, the colors that look good on me and the colors that "go" together. And rarely do I wear all black.

Okay. Back to the jeans and tees. I love the classic white tee and blue jeans look- but mix it up with a rocker studded belt and black pearl necklace. And then there's cardys. Cardigans. I love them to add on top of tees. A short, navy elbow sleeve with a yellow tank and blue jeans and sky high heels is classic Becky style. Okay- the sky high heels are the dead give away. :) Oh but I do love my ballet flats with skinny jeans. If you're going to do the skinny jeans, please realize that they are usually cut really long. Don't fold them up like four inches. It looks stupid. They are meant to be scrunched up at your ankle- either with heels or with flats. Either way, unless you're really tall, they will bunch up. It's fine. The top I wear with skinny jeans is typically a looser flowy cut away from the body. You don't want to look like you're wearing a body suit by wearing a tight tee on top of skinny jeans! And the casual look? Straight leg, striped tee, and Converse.

So there it is... My basic look. I mix it up from there from time to time. Cords, skirts, dresses and the occasional night on the town dressed in head-to-toe black. But again that's another topic for another day. I give you day 1 of 365 in my fashion world as I see it. Hopefully some days with pics.

Comments

Popular Posts