Dressing Up

I wore a dress today. It's no shock- I love wearing dresses- I think it's much easier. You only have to think about one thing to put on! Well except for the shoes and accessories to "go with" but you always have to do that. 

My dress today was super cute and super short. Didn't really think about it until I got in my car and sat down. Oh  well. Too late. It wasn't obscenely short, just a little shorter than I would normally condone for work. It was about 2 or 3 inches above my knees. It was a super cute, black and red paisley print, empire waist with a deep v- neck and dolman sleeves. Very comfy! I love the empire waist to "hide" the tummy you don't quite want to suck in all the time. :) 

I paired the dress with my brown buckle peeps and I went back to loads of necklaces. Two long black beaded necklaces- one in a knot and one wrapped twice on itself (don't be afraid to wear a necklace or a bracelet differently than it's original intended design- get creative). And since it's always cold in our office, I had my trusty navy blue Gap elbow sleeve cardy on hand. I got lots of compliments today too. Dressing up is fun! 

I know what you're thinking... black, brown, AND navy all at once? Yes. I do it all the time. These are neutral colors and can be worn together or interchangeably. Try it. On a side note, since I brought up neutral colors, try metallics as a neutral- pewter, bronze, or rose metals are super cool. My purse is a pewter color and I love it- 1. I don't have to switch it out everyday (which I've been known to do to coordinate with outfits) and 2. it "goes with" everything. Get one! Shoes too! I love metallics in shoes too. They're easier to pair with just about everything and you don't have to worry about the black/ brown/ navy thing if it really bothers you. 

**Ok. This pic wasn't taken at work today. I wish our office was that cool looking! This was a few weeks ago at dinner downtown for my friend Laura's birthday. :)

Comments

Popular Posts