Dinner and a Movie

Went to the movies to day with my dear friends E & J... and technically we didn't have dinner, but what kind of title is "Movie and a Doughnut?" Eh. Kinda cute I guess. 

What to wear to an 11 am showing of Alice in Wonderland? I mean it's the movies, but it's Johnny Depp! And I don't go anywhere without being properly clothed for the occasion. You'll figure that out quickly about me if you haven't already. It was "warmish" today so I insisted on wearing shorts, but I knew the movie theater was not going to be flip-flop friendly. Too cold in there. Y'all know how I feel abous shorts & flip-flops. So, my oh-so-cute, preppy look (until I realized who my "dates" were) was a black Polo, khaki knee-length shorts, and pink Chucks. My hair closely resembles the Mad Hatters, so that was a bonus. I say "until I realized who my dates were" because this outfit makes me look like a boy. It's bad enough that most 12 year-olds are taller than me, but a boyish looking girl sitting with a gay couple isn't gonna get me a date anytime soon. Next time I wear a dress. 

Oh the dinner part! Last night I had "dinner" at E's house for his moms birthday. Yes, we ate, so we'll consider that dinner. It was a great party and Miss D loves purple. In her honor, I wore a purple long sleeve tee. To complete the casual, night-out-in look, I wore my dark wash Gap 1969 jeans, my studded rocker chick belt and black suede Coach heels. Since my belt was the stand out accessory, I wore little other jewelry. Diamond studs in the ears and my James Avery charm bracelet. The earrings and the belt are fashion polar opposites, so that's why. So is the bracelet, but I wear that everyday with everything.

So esentially this is a two-for-one post since I didn't get to it last night. It's been a great weekend overall! Now for the Oscars... let's see what kind of fashion disasters are in store for me tonight. And what kind of inspiration I can get from watching. :)

Comments

Popular Posts